PARCEL RECEIVING SERVICES
Addressing your Box:
Please address your label as follows:Your Full Name 1574 Gulf Road Point Roberts, WA 98281
**Note** Use only one name per label to help ensure notification. TSB will refuse all parcels that come in without a customer name.
- Photo ID is required for all personal pick ups. While our initial search is by name, please be prepared with a tracking number to aid in our secondary search capabilities.
- Email notifications are sent as a courtesy to you. Please track all of your orders to ensure you know when they have arrived. TSB is not responsible for making sure your email notification has reached you. We will not waive pick-up or storage fees if you have not received notification.
- If someone other than the person named on the parcel is picking up the parcel, they must provide a tracking number or copy of the invoice/receipt in order to properly identify the parcel. Our staff will be asking for verification of the merchandise before releasing the parcel, so please send your proxy prepared!
- If your item comes through the Post Office with postage due owing on it, we will cover the amount, but will put a note in your email alerting you to the fact that you will owe, in addition to the depot fee, the amount of postage due, and a $5 service charge.
- All prices are in US dollars. Canadian currency is accepted at a $1.10 exchange rate.
- Visa, Mastercard, and American Express credit cards are accepted. Please note that a surcharge will apply for any credit card transaction under $10.00.
- Debit cards are not accepted, unless they have a credit card symbol on them.
Cardboard Recycling: If you want to leave your cardboard boxes on the premises, we ask that you please break them down flat and put them in the properly marked receptacles. There is no charge for this service; however, a nominal fee may be assessed at our staff’s discretion for any excessive packing materials that require additional handling. Additionally, failure to comply with posted signs or staff instructions may result in fines.
Same Day Pickup – Special Requests: TSB will not be taking names of customers wanting to pick up their parcels the same day they arrive. Parcel volume is too high to accommodate such requests. Please wait for your email notification (which means your parcel has been processed into the system) before coming to pick up. If you track a parcel and it shows as “delivered” but you haven’t received our email notification, you can still come in but will have to wait until the parcel is checked into our system. If you still have not heard from us by the following day, please contact us.
Special Note Regarding USPS: Due to the high number of misdeliveries for items arriving with USPS in Point Roberts, TSB will not accept responsibility for items we do not sign for. Only approximately 1% of the items arriving from the United States Postal Service require a signature.
Damaged Parcels: We DO NOT accept responsibility for exterior or hidden damage sustained to parcels during transit. If boxes arrive with damage on the exterior of the box, we make a special notation in the notification email you receive. TSB will open and inspect parcels for interior damage if requested by the customer before the item is delivered, and a minimal $5.00 (15 minute) charge will be assessed.
Parcel Refusal: If you wish to have a parcel refused, please wait until you receive our email notification and then reply back requesting that we refuse and return to sender. If refused the same day as the notification is received, no depot fee will be assessed. If you request refusal after that date, we will still refuse the item but you will be charged the standard depot fee.
** Please note that there are normally no problems with returns via UPS or USPS (other than bulk mailing or Smartpost) but Fedex is more rigid about refusal time-frames. They will not accept returns after three days from the original receiving date.**
Storage: Storage charges will be assessed after a parcel has been at TSB for two weeks. Please be aware that all emails are a courtesy, including the initial ‘Parcel In’ email. Storage rates will be assessed by the pick-up rate on a weekly basis. For example, a $3.50 box will have a $3.50/week storage fee after the first two weeks.
Pallets remaining after 24 hours will be charged $70, and $70/week thereafter. All storage charges can be avoided by prompt pickup!
Parcel Disposal:Parcels stored at TSB Shipping longer than 60 days will be subject to disposal. No attempt will be made to contact the customer, aside from a attempted storage notice email after the first two weeks. If we must dispose of an item, a $50 fine will be added to the customer’s record.
PARCEL SHIPPING SERVICES
If you are planning on shipping out with the following carriers, please note their pick up deadlines:
FedEx Express – 11:00am
USPS – 1:00pm
FedEx Ground – 1:00pm
UPS – 3:00pm
1. Additional Handling: Goods not shipped in a cardboard container (pails, crates, or cardboard boxes over 60 inches on the longest side or over 30 inches on the second longest side) receive additional handling surcharges.
$7.00 per item
2. Shipping Insurance: Up to $100 insurance coverage included in shipping price for UPS and FedEx shipments. Maximum insurable value is $50,000 for UPS and FedEx with some exceptions and shipping service requirements. Additional insurance coverage is available for properly packed parcels.
3. Parcel Forwarding: TSB does not forward parcels – no exceptions.